Build a career in an industry that makes a difference in people’s lives with Kellogg Community Credit Union (KCCU). At KCCU, we are committed to putting our members first, and are looking for energetic, goal-oriented professionals that share the same passion to serve our members as we do.
We understand our employees are the key to our success. We care about their well-being, work/life balance, and future. We offer many career opportunities from entry level and part time to full time professional and management positions.
enjoy our rich benefits package
- Full medical benefits with an employer paid HRA
- Dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage
- Employer paid life insurance, short term disability, and long term disability
- Optional additional life insurance offered for you and family members
- Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Spending account programs
- Online benefit system
- 401k plan with an employer match
paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off for full and part time employees
- Annual bonus program
- Annual performance based raises
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Wellness reimbursement program
discounts and more
- Local Employee Assistance Program
- Bi-weekly casual Fridays
- Great opportunities for community involvement (Relay for Life, United Way, and volunteering!)
- Steep discounts at Verizon Wireless for monthly plans, and accessories
- Steep discounts at Sprint Wireless for monthly plans, and accessories
- Discounts with RX Optical in addition to the vision insurance
- Discounted Michigan’s Adventure and Cedar Point tickets
- Discount on Barn Theatre tickets
If you feel you have the positive attitude, commitment to service excellence, and desire to excel, please complete an online employment application by clicking onto one of the job titles listed below.
Mortgage Loan Originator
KCCU has an immediate opportunity for an experienced, sales-oriented mortgage originator. This individual will have the opportunity to work with members throughout the entire loan process. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, possess strong relationship development skills, and provide world class service to current and future credit union members. Candidates should have solid mortgage experience, with a strong sales track record and motivation to meet established goals. KCCU offers a competitive benefit package with a salary plus commission pay structure and a fun, team oriented work experience.
*Develops and maintains successful relationships with business referral sources.
*Prospects new mortgage lending opportunities.
*Meets with members as necessary during various stages of the loan process.
*Utilizes KCCU training materials, reference tools and other resources to provide accurate and up-to-date loan program/policy information to both external members and internal business partners.
*Provides complete loan applications to fulfillment center partners.
*Ensures exceptional member experience by overseeing loan process from origination to close and providing ongoing communication to member and business partners.
*Achieves production goals as established by KCCU.
*Oversees and ensures successful completion of all assigned Mortgage Loan Officer Training activites.
*Minimum of 1 year residential mortgage lending experience with a focus on generating self-sourced business.
*Demonstrated success in prospecting, generating leads, closing business and consistently meeting/exceeding production goals.
*Verifiable, established network of referral business including Real Estate professionals and other centers of influence.
*Strong computer skills including a fundamental understanding of MS applications, database management, and previous experience utilizing laptop technology for communication purposes including accessing rate, credit and loan status information.
*Solid time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
*Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, across a variety of audiences.
*Ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide financial alternatives.
*Professional and effective interpersonal skills.
*High School diploma or equivalent.
*4 year college degree preferred.